Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Roadmap Proposal/win32 debugger

Sneaky plan, I like...

I would be pleasantly surprised if this made it for 2.1. I am more hoping
for 3.0. I'm planning a book for the CDT and including a chapter on debug
extensibility. This might give me an excuse to continue on with it as
well.  Hopefully other interested parties will also join in.

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
08/26/2004 04:15 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Roadmap Proposal/win32 debugger

> Hey Alain,
>
> I've seen some interest in the win32 debugger plugin, but does your
> prediction mean we have resources committed to working on it yet?

Indirectly.  I'm clearing some stuff in cdt{core,ui} before
looking at the debugger side of things and part of the work
includes a revisit to the CDI interface.  Since making the
changes will break the win32 plugin then it will be easier
to explain to higher authority why we've spending some time on this 8-)
Very Machiavellian!!

Now whether this will make win32 debugger usable for 2.1
We can not commit to that.