Re: AW: [cdt-dev] SuSE 9.1

Howdy Alex,
  Thank you for the reply.  Just before I read your note I started the
install of the system and I now have even better expectation that it
will work.  I decided to try a KDE install with the GTK and GTK2
libraries because it seemed like that should work.  It won't finish
installing for a couple of hours(I am doing it by ftp), so I won't be
able to test it until tomorrow.  I am glad to see some confirmation.
Have a good day,
Ralph Green, Jr.
p.s., I tried responding to your email.  I got back user unknown.

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 00:59, Neundorf, Alexander wrote:
> Hi Ralph,
> > 9.1 works OK, too.  Can anyone here comment on success or failure in
> > getting the development version to run under SuSE 9.1.
>
> Should work AFAIK.
>
> >   And, I assume I should set it up with GNOME, since Eclipse is GTK
> > based.  Is that right?  GNOME is fine with me, but I just want to
> > confirm that.
> It doesn't matter whether you are running a Gnome or KDE desktop, as
> long as the required libraries are present. So it should be perfectly
> fine to run eclipse on a KDE desktop.
>
> Bye
> Alex

Back to the top