[cdt-dev] Re: integration with CDT

I'll cross post my response.

From my quick look at this issue in previous months, it was easy to
conclude that it would be a pretty big undertaking to support VE with
C/C++ widget sets. It would certainly be an exciting feature for Eclipse
to bring VE and CDT together and I'm willing to help anyone who wants to
give this a try.

Likely high runners include all of the widget sets supported by Eclipse,
e.g. win32, GTK, Carbon, plus others like Qt and maybe some cross platform
ones like wxWidgets (previously wxWindows). There are a few fundamental
hurdles that would need to be crossed first before we can pick a good
starter, though. The VE guys have a better idea of what those fundamentals
would be.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Craig Butler <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
08/22/2004 02:48 PM
Please respond to
ve-dev

ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [ve-dev] inregration with CDT

Hi Jeff

I need to create a User Interface for a C++ program wrote on Eclipse
with the CDT plugin..

I have posted a message to them also.

Kind Regards

Craig Butler