[cdt-dev] Managed Build option change notification

I have to implement some features for our product that respond to changes in the build options.  However, I noticed that change events are only being sent from ManagedBuildManager for options that will influence the scanner.

Does anyone foresee problems if instead it sends change events for an arbitrary option?  Right now it seems nothing in CDT implements IScannerInfoChangeListener, which seems odd to me.  How does the scanner detect changes in the build model then if it isn’t listening to these events?

I can’t recall if it was ever brought up in the Managed Build++ discussions we’ve had but really this event notification stuff should become more generic.  It should send notifications on any option change and only send a delta of those options that changed.

Opinions?

Chris Recoskie

Software Designer

IDE Frameworks Group