[cdt-dev] Code Formatting

Alex,

Internally we have developed a plug-in that integrates the freeware ASTYLE
source code formatter with the standard C/C++ editor from the CDT.  Simply,
it adds a "Format Source" option to the editor's right-click menu.  When
clicked, the source is run through ASTYLE.EXE and the output is placed in
the editor (the editor remains "dirty).  This approach seems to fully
support local history.

A project properties page has also been contributed to control ASTYLE
preferences at the project level.

For now, we can not share this plug-in with the open source community, but
will be working that issue.  Hopefully, we can get that done quick so the
CDT community can evaluate this plug-in.

Chad Barnes
Rockwell Collins Inc.

P.S.  My apologies for my last post.  Someday I'll figure out these reply
buttons!

>Message: 3
>Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:47:54 -0400
>From: Alex Chapiro <achapiro@xxxxxxx>
>To: cdt-dev <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [cdt-dev] Code formatting

>Is anybody working on C/C++ code formatting implementation? If no, I'd
>like to do this work (part of it's been already done, but it is
>necessary to make a revision and get rid of deprecated stuff).

Back to the top