Re: [cdt-dev] Microsoft tools and debugger

Howdy,
  I saw a response that Eclipse intends to be agnostic in this matter
and it is a matter od getting developers interested.  I am curious what
type of MS tools others would be interested in integrating.  A third
party debugger was mentioned here.  MS makes a version of the compiler
available for free.  Is that compiler enough or would there be a need to
purchase another MS to get some component that would be needed here?  If
there is a better place I should be asking this, feel free to tell me.
 I work mostly in Linux, but sometimes need to do a project for
Windows.  I have stayed away from Cygwin for applications I do for
others, because I did not want to deal with distributing and maintaining
their libraries.  It seems like this would be a way to make Eclipse even
more useful.  I would like to help, if this seems practical.  Maybe, the
Watcom compiler would be better, but I'd like to get others opinions of
that.
Good day,
Ralph

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 10:10, Daniel Olsson wrote:
> We are interested in running Microsofts toolchain and debugging tools with
> Eclipse. There are several reasons for this, but I feel that it's
> off-topic to mention them here.

Back to the top