Re: [cdt-dev] CDT not building

Randall,
This is not really a forum for support, but is there some reason you have not upgraded to Eclipse 3/ CDT 2? In the 2.0 managed build system, we fixed a bug where the mingw32-make command was being misinterpreted as invoking 'mingw32' with the '-make' flag. If you are using a managed build project, that might be the problem.

Just another heads-up; by their own admission, even the Mingw developers prefer the make that is supplied with MSYS over the default one supplied with Mingw. I think you would be well served if you installed Msys too.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Randall Barber <rdb55@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/31/2004 01:12 AM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] CDT not building

I've tried searching the archives (only seem to be able to find the last
month), but can not find the information I'm looking for.

I've got Eclipse 2.1.3 w/CDT 1.1.0 on Win98 and everything appears to be
in good order.  When I tell it to build, the CBuild view appears with
the command:

mingw32-make -f makefile clean all

and that's it.  Nothing happens--no errors, no output, no build.  I've
tried Eclipse 3.0 as well with all versions of CDT and they all do it
(which is nothing).  When I drop to 'command' and execute mingw32-make
by hand, everything works like a charm.

I've got the same setup at home on a Win2k machine and all works as it
should.  What am I missing here?  Is there a limitation of the eclipse
engine on Win98?

On Win2k I'm using: JVM build 1.4.1_02-b06, mixed mode
On Win98 I'm using: JVM 1.5.0 (latest beta)

Is this a hickup from the JVM version?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I've googled but have not been
successful in choosing appropriate terms since nothing arises when I do it.

Ciao
RDB