Re: [cdt-dev] CDT

About 2)
There is extension point org.eclipse.core.resources.builders you can use to define your own builder. See also nature description for your type of project. Also for builder implementation you can inherit CDT class ACBuilder. More information you can find in Platform Plugin Development Guide -> Programmer's Guide->Resources overview Incremental Project builders Also see the article ***Project Natures and Builders <http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Builders/builders.html> on Eclipse.org (it is jus a bit obsolete).*

Suresh Krishna M (RBIN/EDM2) * wrote:

Hello All,
       We are trying to use CDT as our C development editor(on Win2K)
for our embedded systems. I hope most of you already have an idea of the complex the typedefinitions and other structures in the embedded world.
       With the usage of the CDT with respect to our software i need
some help...
       1) Some of the complex type definitions are not being pased by
the CDT. Is there any work around and can we solve this problem ? e.g. typedef struct { int const *param1; int const *param2; int (*const(*param3))(void); /* this is not being parsed by CDT */ int param4; int (*param5)(int); }instance;
       2) I feel we need to have more help on the extension points on
the CDT. We wanted to have our OWN build mechanism for our software (other than the Managed or Standard build). At this point i am not sure if the CDT allows me to do that, but if anyof you have the idea to do this please share your ideas.
       3) In some of the slides from the CDT in the eclipse con i have
seen that there is the CDOM interface that would be out with the CDT 2.0 release. But i am not sure if there is a extension point for this CDOM and is there some documentation some where. (I want to get some information out of my C and H files and use it for my build process) Can any one of us, help me on these issues. Thanks in advance, Krishna

.

Back to the top