[cdt-dev] No console output until application terminates

CDT 1.2.x
Eclipse 2.1.1
WinXP

After building my standard make project with MinGW (win32), I choose
Run->Run as Local Application.

The console window clears, but I only get a flashing cursor until the
application terminates, then all of its output goes to the console.
However, the application SHOULD incrementally displays output (timing
information) during its execution.

Likewise, if I run an executable that asks for input, nothing is displayed
in the console until I enter the input and press enter, then the actual
prompt for input appears.

Anyone seen this behavior?

Thanks,

Chad Barnes