[cdt-dev] Managed Build System Working Group Meeting

Hi All,
Given our push to get 2.0 out the door, I have not been able to participate in the ongoing discussion about the future of the managed build system as fully as I would have liked. It's time to remedy all of that. I would like to schedule a conference call for the people who have expressed an interest in the future shape and design of the managed build system for sometime during the week of July 19-22. My preference is to hold the call on Tuesday, July 20 but I can be flexible if that is not convenient for people. I know pretty much who will want/need to attend based on the traffic from the mailing list and from the conference calls, so I am willing to be flexible if there are people who cannot make a call that week. However, let me know ASAP so we can close on an alternative date. I want to set the date for the call by this Friday so we can establish an agenda for the meeting and give everyone enough time to prepare and think about their requirements.

It is probably overly optimistic to think that we will be able to hammer everything out in one, marathon call, so perhaps it is best to treat this as the kick-off of a working group on the managed build system. We should be aiming for a consensus on what the system should do (or be extensible enough to do), a road-map for getting there, and just as importantly, a commitment from interested parties to do some of the heavy lifting to reach those goals.

I look forward to your participation, and as I said, please let me know ASAP whether to 20th is good and if not, what date would work.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to the top