RE: [cdt-dev] Extending CDT

The remote resources thing sounds very interesting but is beyond my current expertise so I will leave that alone…

You can very much customize the makefile generator in Managed Build.  The extensibility document you refer to is rather out of date :-(

In CDT 2.0, in your toolchain definition you must specify a makefile generator via the target’s makefileGenerator attribute.  This entry should point to a class which implements the IManagedBuilderMakefileGenerator interface.  You can use the reference impelementation (org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.makegen.gnu.GnuMakefileGenerator), or you can create your own.  From there you can custom code your generator class to behave as you wish.

For more up to date documentation on the ManagedBuildInfo extension point, you are probably best off to refer to the documentation included with CDT.  The way I usually get at it is to use the PDE to view the extension point description.

Chris Recoskie

Software Designer

IDE Frameworks Group

Texas Instruments, Toronto