RE: [cdt-dev] Progressing towards 2.0 GA

Hi Doug,

> On the subject of the 2.0 branch, I guess we should do it as
> soon as the
> RC build is done on Monday. As we have mentioned, we will be doing
> performance work on the parser and that is likely to blow
> everything up
> right away. The sooner we get started on this the more time
> we will have
> to recover. We will likely do this work on the 2.0 branch and
> merge it
> back to head once we're stable again. That'll let the 2.1 guys march
> ahead.

On the subject of parser work, should we not take the reverse approach,
e.g. do the work on the head and move it to the release branch (2.0.x)
after?
This way the 2.0 branch remains stble and shippable?

The second question is with the branch itself -- do you want to do the
branch, or shall I? Either way works for me...

> An interesting discussion also revolves around the 3.0 work
> and where that
> would go. Having too many streams will kill us, but I would
> love to see
> the managed build work march ahead as soon as we can. I'm not
> sure we can
> get that all done and stable by the end of October, tough.

Right. Any way we could stage it such that 2.1 becomes a mini-release
along the way to 3.0 with a subset of the features? This also has the
benefit of
getting the new features "out there" and getting some feedback on them
before
3.0.

Sebastien