From: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sebastien Marineau
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 12:00 PM
To: 'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Post 2.0 milestones

Hi all,

to follow-up to Kleo's email -- we'd like to get feedback from people on what would be appropriate timing and scope

for the 2.0.1 and 2.1 releases.

In speaking informally with Kleo and Thomas and looking at what was left off for CDT 2.0, I looks like the main focus

in the next few months will be on:

1. bugfixing, stability and scalability, especially with handling large projects

2. finish the Eclipse 3/CDT debugger integration and fully adjust to the new 3.0 debug framework

3. Finish the hierarchy view in the class browser perspective

With respect to timing, if we follow the Eclipse timelines, we would be aiming for a 2.0.1 release near end of August.

This might work well as a maintenance release with no major changes or new features (e.g. the focus would be on #1

above). We could target 2.1 for October and tackle #1, #2 and #3, and whatever other scope is appropriate.

What do people think? Would this meet the requirements of IBM, QNX and others?

Thanks,

Sebastien