Re: [cdt-dev] first time user query

hi!

While trying to install CDT from Eclipse [3.0RC2 on Windows] Install/Update perspective > Feature Updates> CDT Milestone 2.0M9 entry, I get the following message:

Requested operation cannot be performed because it would invalidate the current configuration. See details for more information.

Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools (2.0.0): Feature requires plug-in "org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility".

Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools (2.0.0): Feature requires plug-in "org.eclipse.ui.ide".

Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools (2.0.0): Feature requires plug-in "org.eclipse.ui.console".

Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools (2.0.0): Feature requires plug-in "org.eclipse.core.filebuffers".

As I understand, these plug-ins should be a part of Eclipse 3.0 RC2.

How do I solve this?

thanks,

Monali

Monali Bhalerao <monali_bhalerao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi!

I have downloaded and installed Eclipse Platform 3.0RC2 stable build.
I also downloaded zip of CDT 2.0 M9.
I extracted this into the eclipse folder and then started Eclipse and accepted
the pending configuration changes.
The CDT plug-in gets installed but I don't C/C++ perspective in Window>OpenPerspective.

I would be grateful if somebody can point out what is missing/incorrect in my installation process.

thanks in advance!

regards,
Monali