Re: [cdt-dev] rpm plugins

Hey Jeremy,

The mechanics of such an arrangement should be pretty simple. We already
have (well, 'had' actually, but we'll address that shortly) the CPPUnit
integration hosted on eclipse.org. We would have create a new commit group
that would allow access to the source and just setup the rest of CVS and
bugzilla accordingly.

This would require the approval of the Project Lead (Sebastien), and
likely the Tools PMC (John Duimovich). I'm not sure where Sebastien is
with this but the ball would start there.

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Jeremy Handcock <handcock@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/17/2004 03:10 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Jeremy Handcock <handcock@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] rpm plugins

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:31:32AM -0400, Alain Magloire wrote:
> We could do like the JDT/platform, they provide extra tools in the
> repository ex:

platform-core-home/downloads/tools/org.eclipse.core.tools.restorer_1.0.0.zip
> platform-core-home/downloads/tools/org.eclipse.core.tools_1.0.0.zip
>
> so maybe: cdt-home/downloads/tools/...

Rather than a binary-only distribution, we would really like to see the
RPM and Oprofile plug-in sources hosted as a part of (or alongside) the
CDT on eclipse.org, where all development would be done in the open.
I'd like to open up some discussion on how we can achieve this.

> But I would suggest the tools be package in zip not in rpms

Yes, of course.  Zip files would be distributed in the same fashion as
the CDT itself.

Jeremy