Re: [cdt-dev] rpm plugins

> Sorry for the delayed response.  I just got back from vacation today.
>
> > > I have no problem putting on the eclipse.org site if they have compatible
> > > licensing. I don't think I ever saw them, though.
>
> I sent the code to Alain a while back.

Yes, I could not find, at this point in the CDT lifecyle, a way to
integrate the work in an independent way, to many unknows.
We are not even sure, if profilers are part of the CDT goals
or should it be move to plugins like hyades.

> > GPL, if IIRC, but john could confirm,
>
> The RPM plug-in is CPL.  The oprofile plug-in itself is CPL, but it also
> includes a separate GPL'd piece called op-xml that allows the CPL'd
> plug-in to communicate with some GPL'd software that oprofile relies on
> without any license consumption problems.  So licensing shouldn't be a
> problem at all.
>
> I'd really like to get these contributions in place.  Jeremy Handcock
> (included in the CC: list) will handle the details on our side.  Please
> let him know exactly what needs to be done and he'll get right to it.

We could do like the JDT/platform, they provide extra tools in the repository
ex:
  platform-core-home/downloads/tools/org.eclipse.core.tools.restorer_1.0.0.zip
  platform-core-home/downloads/tools/org.eclipse.core.tools_1.0.0.zip

so maybe:
   cdt-home/downloads/tools/...

But I would suggest the tools be package in zip not in rpms

Back to the top