[cdt-dev] could not create plug-in for Managed Build system using Eclipse RC1+CDTM9 in linux environment

Hi ,

     I am learning to write plug-in for managed buld system. In the
windows environment(Eclpse M9 + CDT 20040522) , I have created
a sample plugin according to the Managed Build System Extensibility
Document(exactly the same).  When I involves to build project,
it will try to exec "ccc -o .../XXX.o XXX.c". I think it is success.

   Although Linux'sEclipse M9 + CDT20040522 behave differently from
windows version , it should still work. However ,  when I upgrades to
newer version . I won't able to make it work.

   The first problem I have is that the SDK release (eg 0526-0529)
doesn't contains the schema of ManagedBuildInfo! Instead of imports
the org.eclipse.cdt.core , org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui ,
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.in  , I got it from the CVS server with
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core in additional.  Otherwise , I won't
even be able to create Extension for ManagedBuildInfo.

   After I created the plug-in , and try to run "Run -> Debug As -> Run
time workbench".  I can see the newly created target in creating new
project. I chose it , write a simple hello world ,  involve the "Build
Project".  I would except it to prompt out some error message about the
build system , but nothing was shown!

   I have spent a lot of time to find out the error , but i am  new to
eclipse and very confused to what was happen... Could somebody give me
hints on finding out the error? Thanks for any advise.

(Tested version

Eclipse M9 + CDT 20040529.SDK
Eclipse RC19 + CDT 20040529.SDK)

Back to the top