Re: [cdt-dev] Want to know about CDT parser

HI,

That's a pretty wide open question. The short answer is that you can do
anything with the parser. Unfortunately we don't have much documentation
for it or the various code models it drives. The best place is to take a
look at the code and try to understand how things work. The parser is in
the org.eclipse.cdt.core plugin in the parser source folder and creates
the cdtparser.jar file. There are a number of clients that get information
from the parser. The one you'll probably be most interested in is the
CModel which drives the outline view and the C/C++ Projects view. The
CModel are the objects rooted at ICElement.

If you have any detailed questions, we'd be happy to answer. Keep in mind
though that we are in a crunch to get the next CDT release nailed down so
the answers may be slow in coming.

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

dilum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/31/2004 04:59 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] Want to know about CDT parser

Hi,
    I am Dilum Jagoda. I am working at LSF in Sri Lanka. We are trying to
develop a plug-in to eclipse which is use to convert web services
files(which is written in C++) in to WSDL. we are like to use the CDT
parser for that. Therefore we want to know about the CDT parser. Can
anyone tell me about the CDT parser and what can we do from it and
what we can't do.

    Thanx.

Dilum Jagoda.