CDT M9 release (was: Re: [cdt-dev] How to use the CDT 2.0 M8 in Eclispe 3.0 M9)

As a semi-offtopic plea, would it be feasible to publish release notes with milestone releases, along the lines of the Mozilla ones? Not just a feature list, but also some sense of how stable/reliable a new feature is thought to be, with known bugs and limitations.

Without release notes, there's less motivation to try a new release, and there's a risk of bugspam floods for known bugs and experimental features. Or, worse, NO bugs getting filed for features which are supposed to be solid but which the hapless user assumes are experimental because they don't work for him/her. For example, I've been under the impression that neither content assist nor "Open Declaration" worked at all for C++ code, until reading some recent newsgroup comments.

Cheers,
Mike

Douglas Schaefer wrote:
Which brings up the CDT 2.0 M9 end game plan. I would like to take Tuesday morning's build as the M9 candidate. I will wait until I get a go from representatives of the major areas of the CDT before declaring. We'll respin as necessary. As we have seen, there is hot demand for this release so we should make sure it's a good one, or at least good enough for people to try out.

Thoughts?

Back to the top