Re: [cdt-dev] Fw: [cdt-test-dev] CDT Build 2.0.0.200404221010 failed

Welcome to my nightmare 8-0 and it certainly isn't a nightmare I have
chosen for myself. Keeping projects in sync is something people have been
demanding of eclipse.org. There are obviously some issues that need to be
worked out before that can really happen.

We only track to the last integration build for any given week. There is a
lot of churn happening in the platform as they try to make M9 so
instability is not really surprising.

For now we'll hold off migrating and Hoda has mentioned she has backed out
her change. I'm not a big fan of a branch since we'll end up duplicating
commits if we want to keep both branches going. I'll have to figure
something else out.

Thanks for everyone's patience and feedback,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/22/2004 01:38 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Fw: [cdt-test-dev] CDT Build 2.0.0.200404221010 failed

> Instead of checking these things into HEAD, why don't we just create a
> branch in CVS for this madness?
> While it creates a bit of complexity from a delivery standpoint, we
would
> be able to have loadbuilds working against M8 for those who aren't
> concerned about the latest and greatest platform build?

It was suggested before to go/upgrade with the milestones. Following the
integration
builds, which can change daily if not more often, is playing with the
sanity of the developers.