RE: [cdt-dev] Idea on cvs project creation

+1 the sooner the better. I assume Mike already has the list that maps
projects to groups to manage the permissions. I suggest having him create
directories with the same names under /home/tools for each group and
moving the affected projects under those directories. Shouldn't be too
hard. (Man, I wish I had root on dev.eclipse.org... I'd have it for you in
10 minutes)

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Sebastien Marineau <sebastien@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/19/2004 01:51 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

"'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Idea on cvs project creation

That's what other projects have done and I think it would make it a lot
easier and flexible.

There are a few drawbacks like disruption of currently checked-out src,
but
that
is something we can manage given that we can probably reach the majority
of affected folks through the NG and mailing list.

If we want to do this, we should decide quickly -- Mike (Eclipse
webmaster)
is still
working on the commiter changes we submitted a while back, but is nearly
done
phase 1 (e.g. the commiter/project rationalization but not the bugzilla
changes). We can
probably still switch to your scheme before he commits his changes, but he
may not
be too happy about it... better now than later though.

Sebastien