From: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Douglas Schaefer
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 8:58 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Proposal - Bring the builders home

I have been the receiver of no end of grief from consumers of the CDT
about the complexity that having to install two or three features to get

the CDT up and running brings them. Given everyone's interest in the
managed builder, I think the conditions are now right to bring both of
the
builders back home.

I would like to propose that we move the builder plugins into the
org.eclipse.cdt feature and eliminate the two builder features.
Thoughts/votes? (I'm not sure which committers would get a vote on this
one, but since this is a CDT wide thing, I think we can open the floor
all).

Thanks,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada