[cdt-dev] Toolchains in CDT

I am not sure  could it be interesting for this discussion. Just FYI .
In Momentics we are using two-tiers toolchain specification. First level let us to select a particular toolchain (in our terms SDK because toolchain is not only a set of tools but also libraries and include headers) per workspace (we are going to change it to select toolchain per project). Toolchain being selected, specify default for this toolchain set of tools . On the second level (per project/per build step, now for compilation step only) we provide an ability to redefine particular tool , i.e. to use a tool other than default one. This can be useful if in SDK there are different versions of one and the same tool, for example different versions of gnu compiler.

Back to the top