[cdt-dev] Proposal - abolish cdt-patch

That should grab your attention.

One thing I notice the Eclipse platform folks doing is using bugzilla for submitting, holding discussions, and managing patches. The problem I see with our cdt-patch list, especially after a week when a lot of committers were away, is loosing track of which patches have been applied and ownership on who is going to apply them. Using bugzilla will give patches an owner and a status and reduce our dependency on all of the committers' mail system to ensure patches get appropriate attention.

Along with this proposal would be a continuation of the proposal to institute an inbox mailing list as the default owners on new bugs. The idea would be that all committers would be members of the inbox list so they can see when new bugs get raised and patch requests come in.

Thoughts?

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to the top