Re: [cdt-dev] assert in Java 1.4

>>>>> "John" == John Camelon <jcamelon@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

John> So before I start going along this path, I just would like to
John> get some consensus about (a) the need for us to use these
John> constructs, (b) concerns about leaving them in production code
John> and (c) whether or not we should structure them so they can be
John> compiled out of the code by using guard condition referring to a
John> static final boolean flag of sorts.

I'd say, don't bother with a guard flag.  I believe the better JITs
will all optimize the dead code away anyway.  If someone is truly
concerned, it wouldn't be very hard to change the eclipse java
compiler to add a flag that omits all assert code.

Tom

Back to the top