Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 2.0 M5 and Eclipse compatibility

Yes, dropping 1.3 will be very welcome. The 1.4 JDK has some real nice
major additions that we will need to take advantage of, e.g.,
java.util.regex, java.nio.

If the plan of record is to release our first milestone against 3.0 M5 by
mid next week, then I have no qualms dropping 1.3 immediately for HEAD.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/20/2003 12:09 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 2.0 M5 and Eclipse compatibility

> I was just about to ask about this, because in my last update I get
> compile errors using 1.3.  So it seems the head has (perhaps
> unintentionally) already dropped this requirement.
>
> (the method in question is the static Boolean.toString( boolean) in
> core/org.eclipse.internal.core.model.binary.java).

Yes.
Fixed in CVS.

But since Eclipse-3.0 is/(will be) no longer 1.3 ....
Other comments ?