Re: [cdt-dev] Heads up for CDT-1.2 branch

> Hi!
>
> Wow, that's from a long time ago. Remember the long emails about all this,
> I do. I attached my last on the subject from 7/7/03.

8-).  Yes, I clearly recall the exchange.
We were in agreement with the "what" maybe less on the "how" 8-)
They are still some grey areas to deal with, but moving forwad when
the necessary framework is in place.

> Good to see it go in. One less thing Tensilica will need to deal with when
> we move forward! Hopefully the solution allows a run time change rather
> than a static extension point so that the workspace can support compilation
> to more than one type of target needing this.

That is ... another grey area 8-(
Binary parsers are a major performance issue already, since we can not
rely on file extensions nor filenames, only reading the file for the
"!<arch>" the "ELF" etc .. can we be sure of the type.

Imagine with multiples binary parsers, the number of stat() and open(),
we still looking at this.

> Thanks!

Your feedbacks/comments are always welcome, sometimes ... we do
look a little defensive 8-)  Mostly it is because we do not want
to move too fast since the necessary framework is not in place to
build on top.

Back to the top