[cdt-dev] Proposed C/C++ Editor context menu changes

Folks,

I would like to re-arrange the editor context menu as one of the
"sanification" efforts as we move forward.  The current context
menu is cluttered and has no semblance to the JDT context menu.

I would like to propose the following organization:

UNDO Group (Java:Undo/Revert
            C:Undo/Revert - Standard Text Editor Group)
OPEN Group (Java:Open Declaration, Open Type, Show In Package ...
            C: Open Declaration (TODO), Open Type (TODO C++), Show In C/C++
Projects ...)
COPY Group (Java:Cut/Copy/Paste
            C:Cut/Copy/Paste - Standard Text Editor Group)
SOURCE Group (Java:Source Submenu
               C:Source Submenu (TODO))
REFACTOR Group (Java:Refactor Submenu
                 C:Refactor Submenu (TODO), disabled if no refactorings)
LOCALHISTORY Group (Java:Local History Submenu
                    C:Local History Submenu (TODO))
SEARCH Group (Java:Search Submenu,
              C:Search Submenu (CLEANUP))
DEFAULT Group
SAVE Group

--
Each of the submenus would have an appropriate begin/end point
for further contributions using the Eclipse Menu Paths, but

I wanted to get buy in from folks on the list before I went and
did this re-organization (all kicked off by the silly "Show In"
contribution!).

Thanks,
 Thomas

Back to the top