Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Head should now build with Eclipse 3.0

Yes, I did but I would like to see CDT stay 2.1 compatible for a little longer...

Douglas Schaefer wrote:

Thanks David,

I'm not sure if you saw it but there is a new method in a new parent class to get the shared colors. But that will break compatibility.

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

David Inglis <dinglis@xxxxxxx> Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/17/2003 03:26 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Head should now build with Eclipse 3.0

Nope, is was pretty simple actually... Copied the shared color manager into the CUIPlugin and added;

try {
      addPosition(fDocument, position);
} catch (Exception e) {
}
in CMarkerAnnotationModel.java. Once we decide we are no longer 2.1 compatible then this can change to, adding a "throws BadLocationException" declaration on the method that is in, which is "protected void addAnnotation(Annotation annotation, Position position, boolean fireModelChanged)"

David.

Douglas Schaefer wrote:

Uh, what were the changes?  Did you break compatability with 2.1.1?

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

David Inglis <dinglis@xxxxxxx> Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/17/2003 12:40 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] CDT Head should now build with Eclipse 3.0

FYI. I just committed some changes that fixes the build errors when CDT is built with Eclipse 3.0M4

David.