[cdt-dev] CDT 1.2 release

Hi all,

as Doug mentioned in his email yesterday, CDT 1.2 GA has now been
posted. A huge amount of effort has gone into this release, and I
want to personally congratulate the CDT team for pulling it together.
CDT 1.2 is a major step forward on a number of fronts, including:

- features: managed make, indexer, parser, search, debugger, and a variety
of others
- re-architecting: CDT 1.2 marks a significant step in the re-work
  and rationalization of CDT core to support advanced features
- testing: great effort has gone into developing and running tests
  across the supported platforms, resulting in better stability and
performance
- documentation: we now have the first CDT user's guide
- infrastructure: we've made major strides in project planning
  and management, streamlined the builds, and have improved the web site
- broadening of CDT: CDT 1.2 has seen the addition of numerous new
  contributors and committers to the CDT team

These achievements are quite remarkable, especially given the tight
timeframes
for the CDT 1.2 release. Kudos to everyone!

Going forward, the release plan includes a maintenance release
to 1.2 (probably called 1.2.1), which will include bug fixes to 1.2. This
will be compatible with Eclipse 2.1.

As planned, our next major release is CDT 2.0, whose content is being
discussed and detailed on the mailing list right now. The intent is
to have a pretty solid plan for CDT 2.0, and hold an all-day planning
meeting
in early November (with all the CDT stakeholders) to finalize it.

Although this is short-notice, I'd like to invite the CDT contributors
to join us at QNX this afternoon (around 4pm) for a celebration of the
CDT 1.2 GA. Drinks and snacks will be served.

Again, congrats to everyone for an amazing job!

Sebastien

Back to the top