[cdt-dev] Dev Docs Thoughts

Things are pretty quiet on the list so I'm assuming everyone is working
hard on the final push for 1.2 (or still on vacation ;-).

To keep out of everyone's way here, I've started thinking of what kind of
Dev Docs we need to promote and assist development of the CDT and plugins
that work with the CDT.  I can think of two:

- a Feature Spec describing what the CDT is supposed to do. This would
help the user doc writers and feed requirements into the dev team.
- a Design Spec that provides a description of how those features work.
This would start with a description of the architecture and guidelines
that need to be followed. Then the design each component of the CDT would
be described.

Any thoughts, opinions?

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to the top