RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 1.1 GA tagged

Hi Martin,

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Lescuyer [mailto:mlescuyer@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 11:54 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 1.1 GA tagged

Hi ,

This is great. The only diff I saw is the build number: Downloading the bin, gives a build number 200305150256, and through the update site, it is @build@. May need to update about.mapping before building.

In adddition, the CDT-source plugin contains , in the about.properties, "Visit http://www.eclipse.org/gef ." Gef is not proper there.

I'll let Doug comment on these.

A part from that, I'd like now to see the community.html being updated with a chapter containing Contributed Plugins. I've prepared a cvs patch for that, but I need a location where will be stored the zipped feature.
What about http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/downloads/contrib/org.eclipse.cdt.cppunit.zip ( I do not exactly know who has permissions there - I need to send the zipped feature).

Both Doug and I have permissions to create this, feel free to send it to either of us.

Concerning providing an update site for contributed features, I can see 2 possiblities.
1 - Add the jar files in existing features and plugins directories that Doug created, and extend Doug's site.xml to add a new category, named "CDT Contributed Features".
2 - Create another update site, referrenced by the CDT feature (so once the CDT is  installed, this site will be reference the Contributed feature update site).

I'd prefer the first one, as it allows to populate ony one update site for both the CDT and contribs at the same time.

Agreed, it sounds more seamless. Again, Doug is the master of the update site, so he can comment on his preference.

Thanks,

Sebastien

Martin

Below a preview of the community.html

cdt community
Plugins, Tools and Projects

Resources, projects and tools from around the community...

Welcome to the CDT's Community Page

Here you will find Plugins and Tools made available by our users and the Eclipse CDT community. All software downloaded from this page is completely unwarranted by Eclipse or the CDT. It is being made available to you from fellow members of the Eclipse CDT community.

This page contains tools and plugins that are specific to the CDT. For Eclipse specific community software please click here.

Contributed Plugins

CppUnit featurehttp://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/downloads/contrib/org.eclipse.cdt.cppunit.zip

The CppUnit feature is an integration of the CppUnit testing framework within the Eclipse CDT. CDT users can write CppUnit (JUnit-like) test cases in their C/C++ CDT projects, run them and view the results in a test result view. Further information on CppUnit is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cppunit

To use this plugin, you need to have the CppUnit framework installed locally on your computer. To do this, download CppUnit and install it from  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cppunit

Tools

Manuals for GNU Tools
GCC docs zip GDB Docs zip make docs zip binutils doc zip

Douglas Schaefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

18/05/2003 17:37
Please respond to cdt-dev