[cdt-dev] The old binary projects question again

Hey gang,

I was just doing some work in another eclipse based project and noticed
that they do not use binary projects.  I couldn't find anything that I
couldn't do in the libraries that I couldn't do with binary projects,
especially search and debugging (including breakpoints!).

I've been looking into automation of building for the update site (as an
Eclipse plug-in) and noticed that it would be nice if I didn't have to
load in the external plugins to build.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts about removing the dependency on
these binary projects and taking full advantage of the PDE to generate
build dependencies for us.

Thanks,
Doug Schaefer
Rational Software - IBM Software Group