[cdt-dev] Re: CDT working area

Opening this up to the dev list...

I guess we need to start thinking about objectives for the next release.
The main thing I think I'm looking for is C/C++ Search capabilities, at
least the following:

        - Open Declaration
        - Open Definition
        - Search References

And this must include C++ class/namespace/template/etc. members.  Finding
definitions and references do require a proper indexer.  All of these
require full parsing including reference binding and not just the quick
parse we have got working today.  To help make this happen, we have John
Camelon and Andrew Niefer working feverishly on the parser and the symbol
table.  We also have a new guy joining the group, Bogdan Gheorghe, who
will help take care of the rest.

So Alain, as long as you closely coordinate with these guys, I have no
problem with you starting on the indexer. We have Bogdan started on the
Open Declaration (which we should be able to accomplish with the parser
alone) so there should be not toe stepping there.  We would like to know
what you are thinking of for the indexer to make sure we are all lined up
in our expectations,

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer
Rational Software - IBM Software Group