[cdt-dev] CDT 1.1 release

Hi all,

just want to update folks on the 1.1 release; I promised a release
plan last week, here's my proposal. This is similar to what we
did for 1.0 and 1.0.1.

- Branch the source tree tomorrow for the CDT 1.1 release. From
that point on, the head will be open to "disruptive development" while
the 1.1 branch will be reserved for bugfixes.
- Daily builds of CDT 1.1 will be posted daily; bugfixing will be totally
open for the first week. After the first week, we will create the "Freeze"
build
(april 29), give users three days to test it out, then assess/prioritize
the bugs that we will fix.
- We will then resume daily builds to create the release candidate (RC1) on
the
6th of may. We will give users until the 9th, assess/prioritize the bugs,
and either declare RC1 the official 1.1 or start a new cycle with an RC2.

Here's a summary of the dates:

April 21st: daily builds resume
April 22nd: CDT 1.1 branch
April 29th: Freeze build (F1)
May 2nd: assess/prioritize bugs for RC1
May 6th: RC1 build
May 9th: assess RC1, either start cycle with RC2 or declare RC1 the official
1.1.

Now, the above plan is contingent on getting daily builds back up
on the web site. You all may have noticed that the downloads section
of the CDT web site has not been updated with the new 2.1-based downloads
yet; we are having problems uploading the builds to the appropriate
servers, and until the builds are available to users, we won't be
able to start the release cycle. We're hoping to have the upload problem
resolved today, but unfortunately this is out of our control.

Thanks to all for your patience,

Sebastien

Sebastien Marineau
QNX Software Systems