[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] Register View Persistence

At 05:46 PM 4/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
I agree that it does work. But if you just want to see the first level of
register tree expanded (or collapsed) for all targets you can add an option
("Show Expanded" or something like that) instead of saving the state of the
view every time when input changes. This could be done for each register
group and could be saved in the launch configuration.

I get it now. Yes, that would be nice!

Even with the switch I'd probably get the same request from our usability folks unfortunately. We have 100s of registers in the register views in some processor configurations. When someone has "Logical ARs" open and all the rest closed, they really want "Logical ARs" open and all the rest closed.

We can save some of the UI parameters in the launch configuration and I
think we should save at least the content of the "Address" fields of the
memory view and probably the list of expressions added to the Expressions
view. Same could be done with registers.
The head branch version saves all source locations added during debug
session.

Score!

Thanks!
-Chris