Re: [cdt-dev] gdb console support in eclipse?

> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Alain Magloire wrote:
>

> > > Does anyone know about plans/status for gdb console support in eclipse?
> > > I don't see it listed on the eclipse roadmap, but I've seen a few mails
> > > regarding mi and the gdb console.
> > >
> > > I'm looking for info about projected dates, if that is avaliable.
> >
> > Yes it is, the context menu on the debug view "Show debugger console"
> > or the little terminal icon in the toolbar of the debug view.
> > This will switch the application stdin/stdout console view to access gdb,
> > then go at the end and everything you type will be sent directly to gdb.
> > Some parsing is done to synchronize the IDE and raw commands.
> > If you want to switch the console view back the output of the
> > inferior(Application) click again on the icon or the context view.
> >

> This doesn't yet support all gdb console funtionality, is that correct?

Meaning?  Everything you type will go straight to gdb.
What functionalities?

> Are some gdb responses trapped by eclipse and not passed back to the
> console?

The console stream output(console-stream-output), in MI mode the stream starting with "~".
The MI output is taken by the eclipse MI plugin.  MI output is not meant for users.

If you want to see the complete dialog, there are different ways to do it:
- If you use the runtime-workbench launcher (Running a second workbench)
  In the launcher tabs,  turn Tracing on
- On the command line of eclipse
   -debug file:<wherever>/.options
# cat .options
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core/debug=true

Back to the top