Re: [cdt-dev] Is CDT ready for use?

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the stupid question.
> Is CDT ready for daily use yet?
> Right now, I use KDevelop and the autotools.
> Is CDT already better than that?

I am assuming, this is for GNU/Linux environment.

For GNU environment developement, the base CDT on dev.eclipse.org
does not have, yet, the full features offered by KDevelop, Anjuta, etc ..
for this environment.

However, some OEM's do offer a more richfull IDE base on the CDT, for example:
Timesys, Tensilica, QNX, etc ..

Work is currently on going, to improve the base, see
www.eclipse.org/cdt for the minutes and timetables.
I do not doubt, that in time, we will provide a complete IDE solution
better quality and more richfull ... hmm I'm preaching 8-).

In brief, the schedule is agressive and we are very aware of some of the
lackings of the current offering.

Back to the top