[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-patch] CDT_1_0_1 branch cdt.core:BinaryInfo

+ * - The correct fix would be to compile the program with absolute path.

Hi!

Not that it really matters, but I actually kind of disagree with that. Relative paths in objects are nice. One of our compiler guys who is working closely with the eclipse effort was actually a bit appalled that on NT we have absolute paths.

With relative paths the whole tree can move around and still be used without a recompile. Certainly I like being able to debug things built on a nightly build machine without having to mount disks at exactly the same build point.

Anyway, it's kind of moot. I'll keep sending patches since you are still applying them. You'll let me know when 1.0.1 stuff is tiresome. I did a bit more this weekend since there was more information that I needed that was being tossed out. I'll try to get that out one of these days.

Thanks!
-Chris

Back to the top