Re: [cdt-dev] 1.0.1 Binaries and Editor Problem

> At the moment I'm looking with a bit of suspicion at the following:
>
> public String lineInfo() throws IOException {
> if ( line == null ) {
> if ( addr2line == null )
> addr2line = new Addr2line(file);
> line = addr2line.getLine(st_value + 19);
> func = addr2line.getFunction(st_value + 19);
> }
> return line;
> }
>
> Somehow those + 19's look a little odd to me, especially since removing
> them puts the line location spot on. I just can't quite figure where 19
> came from in the first place.

Put a workaround on this in the head,  and I will move also in the branch 1_0_1
later after some testing.

ChangeLog:
+
+       * utils/org/eclipse/cdt/utils/elf/Elf.java (Symbol:getLineInfo):
+       The address value may not align with the debug information, for example when
+       adding Profiling etc .. we try to get the nearest symbol as a fallback.
+       We've seen this behaviour on PPC and ARM boards.
+       * utils/org/eclipse/cdt/utils/CPPFilt.java:
+       Remove unused fields.
+

> I'll try to get a patch together for the other stuff at some point.

Please file PRs.  It really helps to track things down 8-)

Back to the top