[cdt-dev] 1.0.1 Binaries and Editor Problem

Hi,

The following is from 1.0.1. Do you all care? Is knowing about it enough or do you want the patch? (Patches are non-trivial for me to product unfortunately, but I'm willing to take the time if needed. Private email is fine.

Change 62507 by songer@songer_clea on 2003/03/09 19:25:59

        First level fix for binary object selection.

To go the CView and select main() under the source file and then under a built binary. In one case (the source file) you go to the file and line. In the other case, it just brings up the file and selects the first line. This is the first fix for this behavior. It's not precise, there's something screwy about the lines that their elf parser is coming up with, but it's at least close.

There were actually two bugs here. First, information was being thrown away in the translation of ISymbol->IFunction. That's the BinaryInfo change. Next the CEditor did not deal properly with ISourceRanges that had only line information. That's been corrected as well.

Affected files ...

... //depot/other/xide/org.eclipse.cdt.core/model/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/core/model/BinaryInfo.java#4 edit ... //depot/other/xide/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/editor/CEditor.java#4 edit

Thanks!
-Chris
songer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top