Re: [cdt-dev] Bugzilla voting request

Sebastien Marineau wrote:
Hi all,

the voting feature has been turned on for the CDT bugzilla
categories, so bugzilla users are now free to cast their votes
for CDT bugs.

Woho!

I'm not quite sure, at this point, what use the development team
will make of this. In general, we should be able to use this to
prioritize features and bugfixes, but since development is still
progressing at a very rapid pace, this may become more useful over time as the codebase matures -- guess we'll have to see how the voting goes!

I very much agree with this. Today, there are some very obvious areas that need a lot of work (like the debugger and indexer), so *right now*, I don't think the votes are that useful for prioritizing.

However, enabling voting *now* will make voting statistics available for whenever they are needed. The main project switched on voting more or less when the statistics were needed (for prioritizing work on 2.2), which I think doesn't work as well.

Anyway, have fun voting!  I know I had :-).

  Cheers //Johan

Back to the top