RE: [cdt-dev] Convert To a C or C++ Project

Hi Judy and Doug,
Certainly in terms of the builder, a case could be made for a conversion
wizard. Even thinking about converting between a Standard Make project (like
the current default) and a Managed Make project, one can imagine the data
that a team lead or individual developer would have to manually enter as
part of the conversion; LIB and INCLUDE paths, compiler and linker
directives, custome steps, etc. An ISV may or may not want to support
converting existing CDT projects to their own builder system, but having an
example conversion wizard might help them come up with a solution for
support their users with existing projects using their tools, or evaluating
whether our default builder/build model is sufficient for them. Just a
thought,

Sean Evoy
Senior Software Engineer
Rational Software