From: Peter Graves [mailto:pgraves@xxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 5:25 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Running JUnit tests that use a debugging
workspace

You will need to get the org.eclipse.pde.junit plugin from:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-ui-home/plug
ins/
org.eclipse.jdt.junit/index.html and then you can create a Junit Test Plugin launch configuration which should let you get access to the workspace.
Hope this helps,
-Peter

Amer, Hoda wrote:

Hello All,

I am trying to write a JUnit test that needs to use a workspace. I
noticed
that the tests under the org.eclipse.cdt.core.model.tests package do
this in
setup(). I tried to run these tests through the JUnit Launch
Configuration,
but all fail when trying to get the workspace: workspace= ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace();
      root= workspace.getRoot();
Null pointer exception (workspace = null)!
So what is the proper way for running these tests? Is there anything
special
to do to setup a debugging workspace?

Appreciate your help,
Hoda