RE: [cdt-dev] JavaCC and the JJ file.

Hi!

I agree, but I would still like the jj file used to create the current parser just because we are productizing first release based on 1.0.1 and our usability testing is coming back with some issues that will be easy to fix with the jj in hand. It does seem clear that the current parser is a derived work of http://www.cobase.cs.ucla.edu/pub/javacc/CPLUSPLUS.jj unless there is just some strange Jungian collective unconscious thing going on. I'm just hoping it was pre-compile ported to cdt rather than post compile ported (ugh!)

I appreciate any pointers to this file and the JavaCC version and make process used to build it. If it's not there, I'm not quite sure where to look next.

Thanks!
-Chris

At 05:51 PM 2/27/2003 -0500, Sebastien Marineau wrote:

> What I would like to shoot for is that we merge the
> NewParser1 branch into
> HEAD sometime next month so that we can ensure that we are
> concentrating our
> efforts on the solution going forward.  A preference could be
> provided to
> allow the user/developer to choose their parsing framework
> for the outline
> view in order to minimize the risk regarding 1.0.2 quality.
>
> Not that I'm officially committing just yet (as I'm still
> pounding through
> the ANSI C++ grammar as I write this) ... I'm just wondering
> if anyone has
> an opinion about this strategy.

Agree 100%. The sooner we get the new parser itto the head branch,
the sooner we can put miles on in. I also agree with you that
scarce development time will be better spent on the new parser,
as opposed to fixing the old one.

My 0.02$ :-)

Sebastien