[cdt-dev] Re: [cdt-core-dev] CVS Write access to Hoda

> I'd love to have all the Rational/IBM people with committer rights, but I
> was assuming we wanted to keep the number of committers small (we currently
> have 5 people working on the CDT with thoughts of almost doubling that over
> the year). If we are going to allow everyone to commit, then I have a few
> more names to put up...
>
> I have no problem committing Hoda's changes in the short term.  But I have
> to vote
>
> -1

8-)
Ok.
It was to make things easier, and reviewing the code, since the
Core Model API is in its infancy and changing fast.  As you pointed out
there was duplication, since the LRU cache was done, but no one knew.

> until we get a clear policy from our fearless leader on who should have
> commit/not commit.

The grand pooba will probably say that eclipse is a meritocracy 8-).

I would like then to make the suggestion that we use the mailing list
more often to describe changes and send feedbacks.  I understand this is
not necessarly easy, possible nor wanted in some cases.

One thing, I do not advocate though is that __all__ patches be submited
to the cdt-patch list, I find this cubersome, unnecessary and simply spamming.
I'm ok, with the ChangeLog.

> Thanks, though...

Thanks for taking time to explain.

Back to the top