From: Robb, Sam [mailto:sam.robb@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 10:04 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Build Model Source Code

> Hi All,
> I guess this email is directed specifically to Sam Robb, but I would
> imagine that the interest in this topic is wide enough to justify a
> broader email discussion. Sam, I am wondering what the status of your
> contribution is. Has your manager returned and, more importantly, given
> his or her blessing to you submitting it?

Yes, and yes.  So now we need to work out the details of the submission.
I think that the core build framework code is in reasonably good shape
for submission, but the UI framework still needs work.

Issues that remain in the core are builder integration and definition of
the build script export mechanism.  There is some additional functionality
that has been ignored as well (per-file properties, for one) in the initial
model.

Issues that remain in the UI are the definition of what the generic "build
configuration" editor looks like, and the best way to associate contributed
UI elements for configuration with a particular toolchain.

> If not, how comfortable do you feel discussing particular issues about
> your model? I am in the process of creating a design document about the
> build feature, and it might be helpful if I could ask you some specific
> questions as I go along. Any info or insight you could share would be
> most appreciated.

Ask away!  Once the code's out there, the build model belongs to the CDT.
While I expect to contribute some effort there, the understanding here at
TimeSys is that once it's out, it becomes a group effort - and will be all
the better for it.

-Samrobb