RE: [cdt-dev] Solaris Build Environment

Hi!

I always just used the binaries until today so I could not say when it worked. It probably works now if you have the right setup. Here's my personal suspicion: Solaris is annoying. :)

I also suspect, but do not know, that the makefile as supplied works on some version of solaris. I had to spend a few moments with the ld man pages getting it to build on our 5.7 machine and figured I'd mention it and ask about what version of Solaris is the anointed one.

I'm only rebuilding this code because Eclipse does not work well on NT with another process at the same priority that is a huge CPU hog. It's an NT thing not an eclipse/cdt thing, NT is so gimpy sometimes. I just have to have Spawner.setPriority() and/or a priority selection on exec and it's finallly high enough on my list that I am spending time on it. (Startup.exe is making it a bit more complex by the way <laugh>.)

Thanks!
-Chris