Re: [cdt-dev] make target question

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 03:22:22PM -0500, Alain Magloire wrote:
> > I also noticed I can't seem to tell the CDT not to include the word
> > "all" in my custom build commands.  In other words, modifying the
> > properties for the "hello" project, and setting the build command to
> > "make -k hello" results in a "make -k hello all" reflected in the
> > C-Build view.  Make complains about the "all" target, since I have no
> > makefile.
>
> I do not see this,
> -> go in the C/C++ projects view
>  -> choose context menu "add make targets"
>   -> a dialog field will pop
>    -> put 'hello' in the textfield(whithout the quotes)
>     -> choose context menu "Make" in the C/C++ project view
>      -> the target "hello" should appear
>       -> you should see in the C-Build "make -k hello"

I noticed a difference when clicking on the make target, as opposed to
right-clicking on the project itself, and then selecting "build".  The
latter is where I was seeing the "all" target appended.  I think I
understand how it's supposed to work now.

> Not sure, what you meant however, there is on going discussion about the
> default CDT build, you are welcome to provide feedbacks and source code.

I've seen the discussions... and to be honest, they've been a bit over
my head, so I haven't had much to say.  I need to spend more time
staring at the code.  And, as you can tell from my questions, I'm still
trying to work out some of the basics.  I don't come from an IDE
background, so sometimes this IDE stuff seems like black magic.

Thanks for the help!

Brian

Back to the top