Re: [cdt-dev] New build paradigms

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Songer <songer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Chris> No one is going to care if CDT uses make if the Makefile is
Chris> auto-generated. People just do not want to have to write their
Chris> own makefiles.

It depends on the user's goals.

For instance, do we support the case of a development team where some
members use Eclipse and others do not?  In that case, some sort of
round-trip capability would be needed.

There are various possibilities here.  Parse the Makefiles into the
internal representation.  Treat some CDT-generated XML file as the
source and have a way to run eclipse headless that simply generates
the Makefiles ("eclipse as automake").

I suspect the answer to the above question will be "no".  Still, I'd
like to see more discussion of different use cases and requirements
before jumping too deeply into design.

Tom

Back to the top